CONDUCTING OFFICER LEGAL & COMPLIANCE / CONTROL
This is a new role within the European compliance and legal team, based in Luxembourg, but drawing on the wider resources and disciplines of the European compliance and legal team. This role will primarily ensure that compliance framework is effective, documented and meets the legal and regulatory provisions applicable to us as a Professionals of the financial sector (PSF) and alternative investment funds in Luxembourg.
We are a leading independent fund administrator, providing best practice fund administration and related services to our clients. Our clients are managers of onshore and offshore funds managing a wide range of asset classes, traditional and alternative investments. Our services include fund set-up and fund structuring for (emerging) fund managers. We work closely with our clients' legal and tax advisers, banks, (prime) brokers and auditors to deliver tailor-made solutions.
With a staff of more than 100 people divided over offices in different time zones, we offer a boutique style service approach and combine our local presence with a global reach. Our clients appreciate the direct lines of communication with staff, management and principals alike.
It is these qualities that have contributed toward the long-term relationships we continue to nurture; building partnerships is where we excel. Our independence means we work with only one end in mind – the best interests of our clients.
Compliance and control:
• Act as key point of contact with CSSF
• Ensuring that the risk management framework complies with the applicable legal and regulatory framework, monitoring developments in that framework and informing relevant people of these developments.
• Monitoring the risk profile of investors ensuring they remain within their risk parameters.
• Developing, implementing and communicating policies and procedures.
• Identify process/control weaknesses and raise issues and associated actions, where required.
• Support and advice on regulatory change to the business.
• Ensure all compliance policies and procedures are up-to-date and that new procedures are written where necessary.
• Creation and production of relevant compliance related management information.
• Ensuring compliance with AML obligations.
• Preparation and implementation of a Compliance Monitoring Plan and execution of that Plan.
• Onboarding new clients
• FATCA and CRS reporting
• Legal watch and advice on changes
• Reviewing and amending offering memoranda
• Reviewing and amending agreements
• Internal council
• Experience of working in alternative investment fund industry.
• Knowledge of alternative investment funds
• Experience of both risk management and compliance matters.
• Extensive knowledge of CSSF rules and Luxembourg regulations is required.
• AML/CDD/KYC knowledge.
• Strong communication skills.
• Organized, analytical, pragmatic, and solution orientated.
• Ability to identify material issues and know when to escalate them.
• Ability to work to very short deadlines and make quick and reasoned decisions.
• Enthusiastic and willingness to learn.
• IT literate.
• Master degree in Law.
• More than 5 years relevant working experience in compliance.
• English and French written and verbal communication
We Currently have a vacancy for a Developer
I. Job Description:
We are looking for a PHP developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining PHP code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. You will also work closely with other developers optimizing our internal and external PHP applications as necessary, and establishing best practices. You will help solve all PHP application usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future. This position reports directly to the IT Manager.
II. Primary Responsibilities:
• Write “clean”, well designed code
• Understanding client requirements & functional specifications
• Prepare documentations and specifications
• Developing and maintaining dynamic websites and web applications
• Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
• Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Follow industry best practices
• Coordinating with co-developers and other related departments
III. Secondary Responsibilities:
You will be part of the IT team which is responsible for aspects of the data interfaces for banks and investor relations located around the world. This group is responsible for:
• Insuring that existing data interfaces work seamlessly to insure smooth dataflow throughout the company’s systems.
• Work with various application development teams, internal and external, to create robust data interfaces to allow seamless data flow to and from external and or internal systems.
• Work closely with the IT team to create necessary tools and systems to enhance the scalability of our data interfaces and other internal data requirements.
• Escalation point for the Data Support when data problems are encountered. The developers are required to be available to assist the Data Management Team when bug fixes or data manipulation is necessary.
• Work with the client liaisons and technical people to analyze, identify and define client solutions and implement enhancement requests. Define the specifications; provide additional information to obtain client sign-off.
• Create, maintain and enhance scheduled processes to insure high quality service to all Circle Partners clients.
IV. SKILL SETS
• Strong knowledge of PHP
• Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
• Understanding of MVC design patterns
• Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance (depending on the specific project)
• Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Detail oriented.
• Manage tasks pro-actively.
V. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & other SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 to 3 years working experience.
• Affinity with technology, fund administration and banking industry.
• Should have good written and verbal English communication skills.
• Accounting background is a plus.
• Must have an IT background.