Assistent Fund Lawyer
We are an independent global fund administrator providing a comprehensive range of specialist fund administration solutions to established investment managers and those launching start-up funds.
We deliver a one-stop-shop for clients by offering a complete range of supplementary services to meet their corporate, legal and reporting requirements. Due to our success and the growth of our organization we are looking for assistance of the Legal team in the Netherlands (Amersfoort office).
Role and offer
Being part of the Legal team you will report to the Manager Legal and assist the team in all ways possible. Your work will include the following:
• research on relevant laws and regulations;
• draft correspondence and legal documents such as contracts;
• contact clients, lawyers, notaries or other parties;
• assist with opening and maintaining accounts for the benefit of our clients; and
• assist with the (internal) corporate housekeeping.
Depending on your current career level and ambitions there are opportunities to grow and expand your career within our team and office(s).
You have obtained a masters or bachelors degree in Dutch law and have a strong financial and commercial interest. Your English written and verbal skills are excellent. Practical experience or knowledge of other jurisdictions is not required but preferred.
We Currently have a vacancy for a Developer
I. Job Description:
We are looking for a PHP developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining PHP code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways. You will also work closely with other developers optimizing our internal and external PHP applications as necessary, and establishing best practices. You will help solve all PHP application usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future. This position reports directly to the IT Manager.
II. Primary Responsibilities:
• Write “clean”, well designed code
• Understanding client requirements & functional specifications
• Prepare documentations and specifications
• Developing and maintaining dynamic websites and web applications
• Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
• Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Follow industry best practices
• Coordinating with co-developers and other related departments
III. Secondary Responsibilities:
You will be part of the IT team which is responsible for aspects of the data interfaces for banks and investor relations located around the world. This group is responsible for:
• Insuring that existing data interfaces work seamlessly to insure smooth dataflow throughout the company’s systems.
• Work with various application development teams, internal and external, to create robust data interfaces to allow seamless data flow to and from external and or internal systems.
• Work closely with the IT team to create necessary tools and systems to enhance the scalability of our data interfaces and other internal data requirements.
• Escalation point for the Data Support when data problems are encountered. The developers are required to be available to assist the Data Management Team when bug fixes or data manipulation is necessary.
• Work with the client liaisons and technical people to analyze, identify and define client solutions and implement enhancement requests. Define the specifications; provide additional information to obtain client sign-off.
• Create, maintain and enhance scheduled processes to insure high quality service to all Circle Partners clients.
IV. SKILL SETS
• Strong knowledge of PHP
• Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
• Understanding of MVC design patterns
• Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance (depending on the specific project)
• Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
• Detail oriented.
• Manage tasks pro-actively.
V. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & other SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 to 3 years working experience.
• Affinity with technology, fund administration and banking industry.
• Should have good written and verbal English communication skills.
• Accounting background is a plus.
• Must have an IT background.